Entrepreneurship Mini-Series: Crowdfunding - A Financial Alternative for EntrepreneursDate: April 20, 2017
Time: 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm ET
Price: $95 for IEDC members, $135 for Nonmembers
Registration Deadline: April 20 at 11:00 am ET
Instructions will be emailed on April 19
Last date to request a refund or cancel registration: Monday, April 10
Questions? Please contact email@example.com
What's your knowledge level regarding crowdfunding? Over the past five years, it has become a viable source of capital for entrepreneurs, no matter if they are in a small town or big city. This peer-to-peer financing method is easily facilitated by the internet; and thanks to new federal and state regulations, interstate and equity funding is becoming possible. Consider how you can utilize this alternative financing method to create jobs and diversify your local economy. This webinar will discuss how crowdfunding is transforming the way entrepreneurs start and grow their businesses.
You'll discover much during this webinar, including:
• The types of crowdfunding sources available and what you need to know about the JOBS Act
• How your economic development organization can use crowdfunding as a job creation diversification tool
• Case studies from urban and rural communities which demonstrate startup launch successes through crowdfunding
Speaker information forthcoming.
Instructions and Technology
Instructions and dial-in information will be sent up to three days in advance and a minimum of two times. If you do not receive an email from IEDC or GoToWebinar 24 hours prior to the start of the web seminar, it is your responsibility to email firstname.lastname@example.org. No refunds or credits will be given for not receiving the dial-in information for the webinar.
• Using a telephone: A touch-tone telephone
• Using Desktop VoIP: A computer equipped with the following:
-- a supported sound card
-- speakers or headphones
-- a microphone (for speaking during the conference)
• Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, Mozilla Firefox 1.5 for Windows/Mac/Linux, or Safari 2.0 for Macintosh
• Broadband Internet connection
Learn more about GoToWebinar please review the Attendee Quick Reference Guide(PDF)
Cancellation, Refund and No-Show Policy
• Refunds are available with cancellation until Monday, April 10. There are no refunds for cancellations received after Monday, April 10.
• All cancellations must be received in writing by email, fax or mail to Cherrika Gordon (e-mail: email@example.com / fax (202) 223-4745). Cancellations by phone are not accepted.
• All cancellations and requests for a refund after Monday, April 10 need to be submitted in writing to Cherrika Gordon and will be considered on a case by case basis. There is no guarantee of a refund or credit after Monday, April 10 and each will be given consideration under unforeseen circumstances.
Attend Web Seminars and Earn Recertification Credits from the Comfort of Your Office
We understand that CEcDs have a constant yearning to grow and improve their knowledge and expertise in economic development. Therefore, the IEDC web seminars have been approved as professional development programs for recertification. The web seminars provide a convenient and cost-effective online environment for economic developers to learn about cutting-edge research, techniques, and tools that are prevalent in the field.
CEcDs participating in a minimum of three (3) web seminars during a three-year recertification cycle can now earn recertification credits. If you have questions or would like more information, please contact Marjorie Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org.