Thousands of economic developers and their organizations think that IEDC is as important to them as they are to their communities. They know that belonging to IEDC opens a world of resources that can make a dramatic difference in their professional effectiveness and achieving their career goals. Every day IEDC members take advantage of state-of-the-profession economic development products and services they cannot obtain from any other source.
D. Lawrence Bivins of Evensong Communications, Ltd. put it this way in a letter to an IEDC Board member:
"I wanted to let you know how much I've been enjoying my IEDC membership. I did another of their Webinars today, this one on public relations. It was immensely valuable! The reading materials I get via email - ED Now and IEDC News - have also provided me with an increasingly sophisticated command of the issues in the field. I continue to hope to attend a conference soon and I am committed to doing one face-to-face training course once per year..."
Thousands of member renewals every year confirm Mr. Bivins' view of IEDC.
Member Services that Meet Your Professional Needs
Belonging to IEDC means access to proven economic development tools - tools that directly benefit individual members, their organizations and their communities. Economic developers in nearly all settings - public to private, rural to urban, local to international - depend on IEDC to fill their diverse professional needs. Here are just a few advantages that IEDC products deliver:
• Year-round networking opportunities. In addition to the face-to-face networking opportunities that IEDC conferences provide, members also have direct, real-time contact through IEDC's member directory and its members-only LinkedIn group.
• Certification. Certified Economic Developer status means peer recognition, and for many, a job qualification enhancement. Economic development organizations, too, can benefit from certification through IEDC's Accredited Economic Development Organization program.
• Topical webinars. Attended by thousands of economic development practitioners, IEDC webinars cover cutting-edge best-practices and resources in the economic development field.
• Four conferences annually. IEDC's Leadership Summit, Federal Forum, Spring and Annual Conferences consistently win praise for timely programming and extensive networking opportunities.
• Member-only content. An IEDC membership provides access to the profession's most respected and dependable resources for current economic development activity and industry specific research products. This includes the twice-monthly ED Now newsletter, the Economic Development Journal, and IEDC EDRP research reports.
• Preferential member pricing. Members receive discounted pricing on all IEDC events and products.
Need More Information?
Still have questions, need more information? We're ready to help. Email email@example.com or call (202) 223-7800 and ask for the Membership Department.