IEDC Education Course Instructor Application
Interested in sharing your knowledge with the economic development community? IEDC offers economic development practitioners and experts in allied fields the opportunity to share their expertise by teaching our professional training courses.
Becoming an IEDC instructor gives you a platform for establishing yourself and your organization as leaders in the economic development field. Instructors represent both the public and private sectors and are chosen based on a variety of criteria, including knowledge and expertise in economic development, years of teaching experience and past evaluations.
Courses are offered throughout the year all over the country and are the leading source of information for economic developers at all levels. IEDC currently offers courses in the following topic areas:
• Real Estate Development and Reuse
• Business Retention and Expansion
• Economic Development Credit Analysis
• Economic Development Finance Programs
• Economic Development Marketing and Attraction
• Economic Development Strategic Planning
• Entrepreneurial and Small Business Development Strategies
• Managing Economic Development Organizations
• Neighborhood Development Strategies
• Technology-Led Economic Development
• Workforce Development
IEDC instructors volunteer their time in support of our professional development education program. Instructors earn three Level-1 recertification credits for each course they teach, which are applicable towards their Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) designation. IEDC is not in a position to cover expenses incurred by instructors related to the delivery of the course, including travel, accommodation, meals and other incidentals.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for IEDC instructor opportunities, please submit the following documents via e-mail to Emily Bell at email@example.com.
• Cover letter stating areas of interest and availability. Be sure to include contact information such as name, phone, fax, e-mail etc.
• Detailed resume highlighting economic development experience
• Outline of teaching and/or speaking experience at conferences, professional courses and meetings, including date, name of the event, sponsor of event, size of audience and speaker evaluations
If you have any questions about becoming an IEDC instructor, please contact Emily Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org.