Looking for internship opportunities? Visit the internship postings
May 23, 2016
- Economic Development Director, Village of Oswego (Oswego, IL)
- Executive Director, Berkeley County Development Authority (Martinsburg, WV)
- Economic Development Director, City of Colleyville (Colleyville, TX)
May 16, 2016
- Executive Director, Portland Development Commission (Portland, OR)
- Director of Real Estate & Development, Mobile Airport Authority (Mobile, AL)
- Director of Business Attraction and Retention, Clay County Economic Development Council (Kansas City, MO)
- Economic Development Manager, Tractus Asia (Bangkok, Thailand)
- Community Development Director, City of DeLand (DeLand, FL)
- Associate/Senior Associate, International Economic Development Council (Washington, DC)
May 9, 2016
- Economic Development Professional, Greater Houston Partnership (Houston, TX)
- Economic Development Manager, City of Amarillo (Amarillo, TX)
- Economic Development Director, City of O’Fallon (O’Fallon, MO)
- President and CEO, New Mexico Partnership (Albuquerque, NM)
May 2, 2016
Economic Development Director, Village of Oswego (Oswego, IL)
Economic Development Director, Village of Oswego, Illinois. A dynamic, results-oriented, and enthusiastic economic development professional is being pursued to aggressively promote our growing community to regional and national business leaders as the place to operate and grow their companies. Position oversees all areas of business recruitment and retention. Bachelor’s of business/public administration and five years economic development experience, or equivalent required. Expected pay $90,000 to $120,000, with potential for performance-based bonus pay. Submit cover letter, resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org or to 100 Parkers Mill, Oswego, IL 60543. More information online at www.oswegoil.org. Application deadline is June 12.
Berkeley County, West Virginia Development Authority Seeks to Hire an Executive Director to perform the following duties:
The Director of the Berkeley County Development Authority (BCDA) oversees and directs the economic development, administrative and financial operations, project implementation, and business related community/ intergovernmental relations.
The Director will devise team strategies and policy recommendations to ensure BCDA goals and long – range economic objectives are met by:
1. Collaboratively develop business plans and financing strategies
2. Develop financial funding packages for existing or new business projects
3. Seek to achieve the highest return on investment for business operations
4. Supervise managers and staff in on-going BCDA business operations, new business ventures and construction projects
The Director is responsible for economic development research and related activities. Program coordination includes the formulation, development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of projects. The role of the Director embodies full responsibility for the management and fulfillment of duties, functions, issues, and activities, relating to the attraction and procurement of new business enterprises as well as the expansion and growth of existing business enterprises.
Employment is “at-will”, which means that employment and compensation are for no definite period, and that as an employee at-will, employment may be terminated at any time with or without notice, cause, or compensation.
Salary and benefits will be determined. For a detailed job description, refer to www.developmentauthority.com
Please mail or email your resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and a minimum of three professional references to: BCDA C/O Hoy Shingleton 115 Aikens Ctr, #24, Martinsburg, WV 25404 or BCDAExecutiveDirector@gmail.com by close of business on Tuesday, July 19, 2016.
Berkeley County Development Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Oversees the Economic Development Department including the development, implementation, and oversight of economic development programs / initiatives for business retention, promotion, marketing, and expansion; requires regular contact with the public requiring tact and judgment; represents the City in negotiations and mediations.
Required Bachelor’s degree plus 7 years’ experience including 2 years’ leadership experience. Master’s degree preferred. Economic Development Certificate required within 24 months of employment. Professional designation (CEcD, AICP, EDFP, CCIM) and/or equivalent preferred.
Executive Director, Portland Development Commission (Portland, OR)
McDermott & Bull has been exclusively retained by the Portland Development Commission (PDC), Portland’s urban renewal and economic development agency, to find its next Executive Director.
PDC has played a major role in making Portland one of America’s most livable cities. PDC investments have given Portland many of its most iconic places, from Pioneer Courthouse Square, Portland’s “living room”, to the Eastbank Esplanade along the Willamette River, to the Pearl District, one of the most vibrant downtown neighborhoods in the country. Today the agency’s focus encompasses working directly with communities to create more widely-shared prosperity for all residents of Portland.
PDC’s accomplishments have contributed to a city that’s nationally recognized as an incredible place to live and one of the most innovative cities in the U.S. (CNN Money).
Parks and nature abound, as do books and beer. It’s bikeable, busable, walkable, drivable, beautiful, creative and casual. The food is fantastic. Good coffee is everywhere. Nationally, It’s a top 10 city for fiscal fitness, family safety, and lack of stress (Sperling’s Best Places); it’s Forbes’ #3 pick among Best Places for Business and Careers.
The next PDC Executive Director has a rare opportunity: to guide the city in its aspirations and steer Portland’s course toward becoming one of the most competitive, equitable, and healthy cities in the world.
The PDC Executive Director represents the agency as a member of the Mayor’s portfolio of city bureaus and ensures accountability to the public and City Council. The successful candidate will be instrumental in realizing Portland’s distinctive vision to create equality, economic growth, and opportunity for all Portlanders.
Essential functions of this role include but are not limited to:
1) Leading implementation of PDC’s 2015-2020 Strategic Plan which places broadly shared prosperity and equity as the agency’s central goals over the next five years.
2) Overseeing all aspects of agency operations, including programmatic, financial, budgetary, systems and legal matters.
3) Serving as champion of PDC’s internal and external equity goals as well as convener and leader of the PDC Board-approved PDC Equity Council.
4) Guiding staff through the planning and implementation of redevelopment and economic development projects and programs in a manner that benefits all Portlanders.
5) Ensuring that open and transparent community engagement practices are utilized for all PDC work.
6) Taking direct action to secure the long term future and financial sustainability of the agency.
All applications will be acknowledged.
The Mobile Airport Authority is experiencing considerable growth as Airbus’s $600 million dollar Final Assembly line and its associated supply chain continue to expand. Our existing industry and non-organic opportunities to compete for growth are intensifying as well. The Authority is a fast paced and exciting place to work with an energized team that manages two Aeroparks. One at Mobile Regional Airport with 3,000 acres and a new industrial park and the other at the Mobile Aeroplex at Brookely with 1,700 acres and millions of square feet of industrial, aero, tech flex, office, and incubator space in our portfolio.
Currently we have a very unique hybrid real estate/economic development opportunity open and we are looking for a new team member. Reporting directly to the executive director this person will be responsible for the following key dimensions;
• Contribute to our business development and lead generation strategy and plans
• Provide significant leadership to our business development and economic development project management process
• Provide significant leadership to our deal structuring and closing efforts
• Serve as a prospect construction/delivery liaison – Provide consultative approach with prospects to identify, conceptualize, and assist in translating requirements to our internal capital improvements team as well as contracted external partners while serving as an advocate and point of coordination for the prospect during construction
• Provide significant leadership to our industrial/corporate park redevelopment and development strategy and plans
• Own our real estate portfolio support functions – Lease administration, contract administration, and guideline enforcement
• Own our tenant relations, customer service, and existing industry business development program
The Clay County Economic Development Council is seeking a professional for the position of Director of Business Attraction and Retention. This Full-time exempt position reports directly to the Executive Director with primary responsibility to develop, maintain and enhance all functions of the EDC. This position is primarily the first point of contact for all prospects communication and inquiries into the CCEEDC’s office and will direct those inquiries and/or respond appropriately. This person will be responsible for outreach to existing corporate CEOs and other community partners through business retention visits, industry specific trade organization meetings, phone calls and face-to-face meetings. Other responsibilities will include Strategic Planning, workforce development, new business development, entrepreneurial and community development and to assist the subsidiaries Midwest Small Business Finance and The Northland Angel Investment Network.
Mail resume and salary requirements to:
Clay County EDC
1251 NW Briarcliff Parkway Suite 25
Kansas City, Mo 64116
No phone calls please
Economic Development Manager is required in Shanghai, China to build the growing ED practice by assisting regional development agencies to promote trade and attract investment to our clients’ regions. As ED Manager you will execute a strategic plan targeting Chinese companies to serve as distribution channels and customers for companies from clients’ region.
In 2007, Tractus started its China-based trade promotion and investment attraction practice. Clients include North American and European state, provincial, and local governments searching for China trade opportunities and Chinese investors. See the full opportunity and Job Description for ED Manager at tractus-asia.com/career. CEcD preferred.
The City of DeLand, Florida, is seeking a new Community Development Director. This position reports to the City Manager and supervises the Planning Director, Building Official, and Economic Development Manager.
Bachelor’s degree and five years of supervisory experience in land use planning, with three years as a department director required. Master’s degree in urban and regional planning or a related field and AICP certification are preferred qualifications. The starting salary range is $100,000 to $120,000, DOEQ.
View complete position profile and apply online at: bit.ly/SGRCurrentSearches
For more information contact:
Gary Holland, Senior Vice President
Strategic Government Resources
The International Economic Development Council, the nation’s premier economic development organization, is accepting applications for an Associate/ Senior Associate specializing in economic development. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years of economic development experience combined with a master’s degree in urban planning, economic development, or a related field. Additional experience may be supplemented for a master’s degree.
Primary responsibilities include research, analysis and writing on economic development strategic planning, economic recovery strategies, economic development finance, redevelopment, and emerging economic development topics. Strong preference will be given to candidates with prior experience in leading client communications, and project development, coordination, and management.
Other critical qualifications include:
• Self-directed, resourceful and results oriented
• Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work productively, professionally, collaboratively and respectfully with a wide range of partners in a diversity of settings
• Working knowledge of strategic planning principles and strategies
• Experience managing complex projects involving a variety of stakeholders
• Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to analyze, to think critically and to explain alternatives clearly
• Strong research and analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative); ability to write clearly and convincingly synthesizing complex information and conveying new concepts and ideas
• Group facilitation skills; experience working in situations involving collaboration among multiple stakeholders representing diverse interests and points of view
• Motivated, enthusiastic and committed to IEDC’s mission
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, salary history, and brief writing sample in one PDF document to: email@example.com. Please write “KMD Associate/ Senior Associate” in the email subject line. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits package. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. EOE.
Economic Development Professional, Greater Houston Partnership (Houston, TX)
The Partnership is looking for a Regional Economic Development Professional who’s primary role and responsibility is to market the Houston region nationally as a business magnet to expanding and relocating businesses to foster job creation and economic prosperity. This manager must be experienced in economic development/chamber of commerce, and prospect management. The incumbent will serve as project manager throughout relocation process.
College Degree in Business Administration, Economic Development, or Real Estate studies
Extensive business development/relevant sales in an economic development organization or demonstrated advanced relevant training with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in economic development, marketing corporate sales or related field.
Certified economic developer (CEcD) preferred, prior Economic Development training acceptable
Commercial real estate experience a plus in addition to the above stated
Familiar with and understands the practical use of Texas state and local Incentives
Apply directly to website ejob.bz/ATS/
Leads the City's efforts at local economic development with an emphasis on enhancing and expanding the City's tax base and the community's quality of life. The Manager will further support the City's partners in economic development where the focus is on job retention and creation and business support. The Manager will be responsible for serving as the liaison between the City and these various partners. The Manager will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and implementing the City's economic development incentive policies and guidelines.
- Master's Degree is Preferred, with a preference of a degree in business administration, economic development, finance, public administration or similar.
- Requires at least 10 years of increasingly responsible experience in municipal economic development experience with at least 2 years in an executive role with a municipal economic development entity.
- Knowledge and experience with Texas economic development practices and programs is desired but not required.
- CEcD or PCED certification or the ability to secure within one year of employment is required.
- Requires a valid Texas driver’s license.
Go to careers.amarillo.gov to full out online application
Call (806)378-4294 for more information
O'Fallon is in the St. Louis region; is 30 square miles with a population of 85,000; with exceptional housing choices/school districts; and over 1,600 businesses, including 76 retail centers/4 million sq. ft. of retail, plus offices, high tech, industrial and manufacturing. This position will oversee the City’s economic development operations including business retention/recruitment; economic development policies/strategic plan implementation; evaluation and presentation of development proposals, including options for financing; and related research and report preparation. Supervises 3 employees. Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Finance, Planning, Business or Public Administration, or related field, Master’s Degree preferred; and 5 to 7 years of responsible experience in economic development (or equivalent combination). CEcD also desirable. Position requires strategic planning and analytical skills that have resulted in implementation of successful economic development initiatives; excellent leadership skills; superior interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; and a thorough knowledge of business retention/attraction strategies and development financing. Salary Range: $84,281 - $110,593 (currently under review). View the full job posting and apply online at www.ofallon.mo.us. First review of applications 5/23/16. EOE
Jorgenson Consulting has been retained to conduct a national search for a President and CEO with the credentials and leadership to execute the New Mexico Partnership’s marketing and business development initiatives to achieve business relocation project goals in prospect identification and development, job creation and capital investment. The New Mexico Partnership is contracted by the New Mexico Economic Development Department to be the one stop shop for locating and expanding businesses in New Mexico. A complete job profile can be downloaded at current searches at www.jci-inc.net or requested at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chief Executive Officer, Economic Development Corporation of North Central Illinois (LaSalle, IL)
The Economic Development Corporation of North Central Illinois (EDCNCI) seeks a dynamic Chief Executive Officer to plan, organize, and manage worldwide business-attraction and outreach marketing strategies to foster the region’s message around the globe.
The EDCNCI is a newly formed, public-private organization serving Bureau, LaSalle and Putnam Counties in Illinois.
This position reports directly to the President and Executive Board and will work collaboratively with the Board and 2 additional staff members. The leadership position will be responsible for creating and implementing a strategic plan which includes business attraction, regional marketing, and a retention and expansion program. The CEO will provide guidance and management in planning and executing the day-to-day operations to effectively achieve the organization’s strategic goals and objectives. A qualified candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree or higher and have a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated success in business attraction in economic development, with a specific emphasis on business recruitment, targeted marketing, retention and expansion, and administrative responsibilities. Economic Developer certification is preferred. A demonstrated track record of executing business deals and public incentive negotiations which result in successful developments and the ability to travel frequently, both domestically and internationally are required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power- Point) are mandatory. The Economic Development Corporation of North Central Illinois will provide a highly competitive compensation and benefit package, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Interested candidates should email email@example.com or Fax: 815-223-3238 the following: Cover letter Resume Salary history Reference list, to include three professional references. The Economic Development Corporation of North Central IL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.