Looking for internship opportunities? Visit the internship postings
July 25, 2016
- Economic Development Director, Harlan County Fiscal Court/Harlan County EDA (Harlan, KY)
- Director of Business Development, Shenandoah Valley Partnership (SVP), (Harrisonburg, VA)
- Director, Planning and Development Services, Sarasota County Government (Sarasota, FL)
- President & CEO, The Four Corners Economic Development (Farmington, NM)
- Executive Director/CEO, Office of Economic Development (Sedalia/Pettis County, MO)
July 18, 2016
- Senior Project Consultant - Economic Development, Thomas P. Miller & Associates (Indianapolis, IN)
- President & CEO, Greater Reading Chamber and Economic Development Corporation, (Reading, PA)
- Economic Development Coordinator, City of Spring Hill, (Spring Hill, TN)
- Economic Development Director, Junction City Area Chamber of Commerce, (Junction City, KS)
- President and CEO, Virginia Economic Development Partnership, (Richmond, VA)
- Economic Development Coordinator, Hoosier Energy (Bloomington, IN)
- Sponsorship & Events Manager, The Miami-Dade Beacon Council, Inc. (Miami, FL)
- Program Director-Innovation and Technology – Economic Development, The Miami-Dade Beacon Council, Inc. (Miami, FL)
- Economic Development Manager, Community Development Commission of Los Angeles County (Alhambra, CA)
- Economic Development Director, Next Move Group (Hazard, KY)
July 11, 2016
- Marketing and Communications Coordinator, City of El Paso(El Paso, TX)
- President & CEO, Mesquite Regional Business(Mesquite, NV)
- Director, Workforce Development Programs, Center for Human Capital Studies, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta (Atlanta, GA)
- Director, Planning and Community Development, City of Bellevue (Bellevue, WA)
- Director of Business Development, Greater Sacramento Area Economic Council (Sacramento, CA)
- Business Services Manager, Henrico Economic Development (Henrico, VA)
July 5, 2016
- Vice President of Economic Development, Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce (Gainesville, FL)
- Director Economic Development, Queen Anne’s County (Queen Anne’s County, MD)
- Executive Director, Montgomery County Action Council Independence (Montgomery County, KS)
- Senior Vice President, Education & Workforce, Tulsa Regional Chamber (Tulsa, OK)
- Economic Development Administrator, Los Alamos County (Los Alamos, NM)
- Executive Director, New River Gorge Regional Development Authority (Beckley, WV)
- President and CEO, Albion Economic Development Corporation (Albion, MI)
- Economic Development Practice Lead, Economic Development Consulting Firm (Madison, WI)
- Economic Development Specialist, Prince George County (Prince George County, VA)
- International Trade Manager, City of Mentor (Mentor, OH)
Economic Development Director, Harlan County Fiscal Court/Harlan County EDA (Harlan, KY)
Harlan County Fiscal Court is the local governing body in Harlan, Ky. This organization was created and tasked to encourage and nurture economic growth throughout Harlan County. We seek an Economic Development Director to join an integrative team of board members with diverse backgrounds and motivated local government officials. The selected individual for this position will perform business development/retention activities to enhance the economic community of Harlan County.
A minimum required experience of three (3) years of proven and successful experience in an economic development organization, or any combination of experience and training deemed as equivalent. Preference may be given to candidates who have a Bachelor’s degree in planning, business management, economic development or related field or CEcD certification. Strong verbal and written communication skills and listening skills are required. Salary will be determined based on experience. Contact Judge Executive Dan Mosley for full job description and duties.
Please send cover letter and resume to Harlan County Fiscal Court, Dan Mosley Judge/Executive, P.O. Box 956 Harlan, Ky. 40831 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The SVP is accepting applications for a Director of Business Development who is primarily responsible for coordinating and overseeing service to active economic development inquiries, projects and prospects. This position is also responsible for outreach marketing activities and will interact professionally, collaboratively and strategically with all staff, board members and investors of the SVP and outside stakeholders, engaging and leveraging resource support where viable to accomplish the organization's goals and providing relevant, accurate and complete research findings, information and analysis to enable SVP to attain its organizational objectives and mission.
For questions, details or to apply visit, joblink.jmu.edu.
Provide leadership/management to the Planning & Development Services Department. Our mission is to be the most livable and best managed community in the country, providing quality services, programs and facilities that reflect the goals of the community. Sarasota has world-famous beaches, over 80 parks, 100 golf courses, and has art museums, theaters, an aquarium, botanical gardens an international film festival and great schools. Unsurpassed beauty, rich cultural offering, wide-ranging recreational possibilities make Sarasota a great place to live and work! Apply on-line at www.scgov.net (or click on job title). For assistance, call (941) 861-5742.
The Four Corners Economic Development in Farmington, New Mexico is searching for a President/CEO. Duties include diversification of the current economic base, developing new industries to transform the economy, managing programs and services to affect change.
Private sector experience in the energy or related industries is desirable. Fundraising and understanding of state and federal laws related to economic development and transformation of the current economy is important.
The President/CEO will oversee an annual budget of approximately $490,000 and report to a 25 member board.
View position profile and apply online: bit.ly/SGRCurrentSearches
For more information, contact: DouglasThomas@governmentResource.com
Private non-profit corporation seeks experienced Economic Development professional to lead active organization, due to retirement of current CEO. Our region has achieved strong growth by successfully retaining existing industries and attracting new ones. We seek a strategic director and solid manager who will build on this momentum. Candidate must have a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and 10+ years of economic development or related work experience.
Submit resume with salary requirements to info@SedaliaMoED.com.
All replies in confidence.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position open until filled.
Senior Project Consultant - Economic Development, Thomas P. Miller & Associates (Indianapolis, IN)
TPMA is needing a professional to provide economic development subject-matter expertise, project management, and proposal development support to a national consulting firm with a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in the practice of economic development, excellent communication skills, and project management experience. This individual will be involved in a variety of economic development planning, implementation, technical assistance, marketing, and related business development activities.
President & CEO, Greater Reading Chamber and Economic Development Corporation, Reading, PA. Newly formed nonprofit serving Reading, Berks County and surrounding region. GRCEDC is merger of chamber, public-private ED partnership and financing/real estate organization. CEO reports to 18-member Board, works with Boards of each aligned organization. Each top staff executive of 3 combined entities reports to CEO; 20 combined staff; $3.4MM budget; $40+MM assets. Seek experienced chamber, economic development executive to lead merger and advance combined entity. Bachelors required; advanced degree, CCE, CAE or CEcD preferred. Contact: Waverly Partners executive search firm Eric Peterson 440-892-5961 Reading@Waverly-Partners.com
The City of Spring Hill seeks to fill the newly created position of the Economic Development Coordinator. He or she will be responsible for facilitating, promoting and ensuring community and economic development for the City. Duties will include participation in area chambers of commerce, as well as the local Economic Development Committee. He or she will also liaise between various local, county and state government offices, business owners and landowners to facilitate business growth, research various funding opportunities, etc. H.S. Diploma/GED required; Bachelor’s Degree in Community Economic Development or a related field preferred; 1-2 years of related experience preferred. Demonstrable knowledge of the region preferred.
The City of Spring Hill’s population was recently certified by the Tennessee Department of Economic & Community Development’s at 36,530 people, an increase of over 4,000 since the 2014 Special Census. This increase resulted in a $552,014 increase in State-shared revenue. The City of Spring Hill has the fastest growth rate among Tennessee cities of at least 10,000 residents, and is home to GM Manufacturing, which recently announced 800 new local jobs, and a $788 million dollar investment in the local Plant.
Applications will be considered on basis of qualifications, experience, and suitability for position without regards to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. The City of Spring Hill is an EEO/AA/Title VI Employer. Minorities and Women are encouraged to apply.
The consolidated Junction City Area Chamber of Commerce officially formed in January 2012.
Implements the five core strategies identified by stakeholders as most important for 2015 - 2019:
Business Recruitment and Marketing
Business Retention and Expansion
Enhance Economic Development Capacity
Support Entrepreneurship Development
Provide strategic direction, hands-on leadership and stakeholder coordination for executing deals with new and established businesses.
Manage the staff in developing and executing measurable goals and benchmarks aligned with EDC's mission and objectives. The position reports to President/CEO of the Junction Area Chamber of Commerce.
Ensure that the EDC website is current including maintenance of a real time site availability database.
Represents the EDC at appropriate civic, cultural, charitable, business and community activities as well as serves on boards, commissions, committees and organizations related to areas that are critical to EDC's goals and interests.
Provide regular input to the Board of Directors on best practices, innovative programs and alternative strategies to advance the goals of the organization.
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field is required.
• A minimum of 3 - 5 years successful economic development experience is required, including business retention and expansion as well as industry recruitment.
• A solid base of experience in leadership, management, budget oversight and supervisory experience is necessary.
• Candidate must have demonstrated experience successfully completing time-sensitive and/or high profile projects through collaboration, consensus and creativity.
• Direct experience developing close working relationships with governmental bodies at the local, state and federal levels.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel in and out of the state for meetings and recruiting events.
• A background check is required.
Interested and qualified candidates please email resume, references, and desired salary to email@example.com
Virginia Economic Development Partnership – President and CEO. Jorgenson Consulting has been retained to conduct a national search. VEDP is a nationally-recognized economic development organization with a staff of 110 and an annual operating budget of approximately $29 million. The CEO has overall responsibility for the organization’s operations, financials, compliance, systems and processes, and talent management. Applicants should have progressive experience in economic development or a related business/marketing field with responsibility for developing and implementing marketing and business development strategies for a large organization, public or private. Download a complete job profile at current searches at www.jci-inc.net or requested at firstname.lastname@example.org
Oversees development and implementation of industrial recruitment and site development programs, as well as programs to encourage the retention and expansion of existing industry, in close cooperation with Hoosier Energy’s Member REMCs/RECs for the purposes of diversifying customer base and load profile, enhancing community economic development and reducing wholesale power costs. Supports the Hoosier Energy electric system marketing program and initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists in organizing, controlling and coordinating economic development programs and initiatives.
• Promotes, negotiates and provides logistical support that will encourage development of sites that are ready for timely location of new industry in the Hoosier Energy service area.
• Coordinates data collection mapping, brochures, aerial photographs and other materials as required.
• Performs assignments involving research and logistical tasks that will determine the feasibility or achieve the development and implementation of new business ventures within the Member Systems service areas. Stays abreast of economic development techniques and technologies and researches innovations, alternatives and/or expansions of economic development.
• Provides or conducts training presentations and audiovisual services, as well as consultative expertise.
• Participates and provides services for specific working groups for the development of industrial recruiting, advertising, communication, rate design of other economic development or marketing efforts.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Economics, Engineering or related area
• 5 years’ progressive economic development experience in community and industrial relations, communications and/or marketing
• Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels and work as part of a team
• Demonstrated level of professionalism, positive attitude and ability to motivate others
• Strong problem solving and decision making skills
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and customer orientation
• Ability to effectively negotiate terms, agreements and understandings with others
• Demonstrated project management skills
Please apply online at www.hepn.com
Hoosier Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
DEPARTMENT: Marketing & Communications
REPORTING TO: Chief Marketing Officer
POSITION: Sponsorship & Events Manager
REPLY TO: HR@beaconcouncil.com
Generate revenue through event and other sponsorship opportunities. Responsibility for execution of all facets of signature and programmatic events. Will partner with CMO and VP of Investor Relations to identify and create new revenue opportunities. Will work with other members of team to manage sponsorship generation, engagement and overall planning, implementation and follow-up of events designed to generate new business leads. This will require working with all organizational levels, both internally and externally.
• Prepare, present proposals to decision makers, conduct ongoing relationship management to achieve revenue goals.
• Manage fulfillment of sponsorship and partnership activities, partner satisfaction and assurance of quality.
• Act as thought partner to staff members and key stakeholders to design, implement and engage event and marketing content.
• Manage stakeholder engagement including VIPs, guest speakers, Board Members, elected officials etc.
• Develop and manage event budget including strategy, goals, and tactics, as well as ROI Reporting and event reconciliation
• Develop event related collateral e.g. Evite (design/production of invitations)
• On-site coordination management,
• Registration management,
• Vendor bidding process and Contract(s) negotiation
• Event statistics
Strong background in events and stakeholder management, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to effectively interact with a variety of internal/ external professionals and community leaders at all levels of organization.
• BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline
• Minimum 4 years, relevant experience
• Advanced business writing and computer skills
• Able to work nontraditional hours (early mornings, late nights or weekends) when necessary
• Proven ability to think creatively and execute out of the box ideas
• Strong organizational skills
• Work in a collaborative team environment
• Spanish language a plus
DEPARTMENT: Expansion, Retention, Recruitment & Urban Initiatives
REPORTING TO: Executive Vice President, or Sr. VP Economic Development
POSITION: Program Director-Innovation and Technology – Economic Development
REPLY TO: HR@beaconcouncil.com
• Generate, manage and close economic development projects. Maintain expertise in the application and trends of federal, state and county economic incentive programs. Work closely with state and county staff to facilitate economic development programs in Miami-Dade County.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with state, county and municipal key personnel as well as local economic development organizations, chambers of commerce and business advocacy groups, colleges and universities. Develop and maintain strong working relationships with member/investor firms, targeted private sector companies and commercial real estate developers and brokers, venture capital firms.
• Organize Industry Committee meetings and manage all action items originating from these committees. Responsible for the identification, solicitation and investment from new member/investors and the retention and support of existing member/investors.
• Develop and manage active project caseload, develop proposals and presentations, updates of project/prospect management system and reporting, consistent with the Program Plan.
• Develop and execute programs that encourage innovation in coordination with partners and resources.
• Manage the implementation and follow-up from Economic Development Missions and program events.
• Follow-up, prepare and conduct presentations and support to industry committees.
• Assist in the coordination of activities with Enterprise Florida, Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, ITC, Consular Corps, WTC, Colleges, Universities and other organizations.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Masters Degree in Business Management/Public Administration/International Affairs
• Computer literacy/Microsoft, Internet Web Research, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM a must.
• Experience required in Business, Marketing, Management and/or International Relations, (5 years) entrepreneurship, tech transfer, incubation.
• Command of additional languages a plus, i.e., French, German, Italian, Japanese or simplified Mandarin a plus
• Working knowledge of entrepreneurship
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION of Los Angeles County - ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - ECONOMIC AND HOUSING DEVELOPMENT DIVISION - REGULAR, EXEMPT POSITION - SALARY RANGE: $8,211 - $12,070 MONTHLY DOQ. The Economic Development Manager is a key player in leading the County’s economic revitalization efforts. With increasing signs of economic recovery, the County aims to diversify and grow the County’s business base, job market and tax base. Under general supervision of the Director and Assistant Director of the Economic and Housing Development (EHD) Division, The Economic Development Manager will perform complex administrative duties and supervise staff responsible for programs and projects designed to promote a regional economy. EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge and skills is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and skills would be: Seven (7) years of recent, paid and progressively responsible experience in area of economic, community, business, and real estate development at a level that required at least four (4) years of supervisory experience or lead management of projects and programs in economic development, redevelopment, commercial real estate development, business assistance, public facility or infrastructure development, public and/or private finance, or workforce development. Education: Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in public administration, urban and regional planning, business, real estate, finance or closely related field. A Master’s Degree in one of the fields outlined above, membership in related professional organizations, and designation as a Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) are desirable. RECRUITMENT NUMBER: 16051 OPEN UNTIL FILLED. APPLY IMMEDIATELY. POSITION MAY CLOSE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. Please visit our website to view the entire job description – www.lacdc.org
Hazard, Kentucky – Economic Development Director. We are seeking an energetic, creative, self-starter to launch our economic development program. The successful candidate will have an understanding of the economic development process with prospect / project experience being a bonus. Entrepreneurial minded candidates are preferred with a strong business acumen. Strong marketing and design skills will be necessary in this position. Our community has great real estate product for economic development. Resumes must be received by COB, Monday, August 1st, to receive consideration. Expected pay is to range from $50,000-$60,000. Submit resumes to email@example.com. Click here for the job profile: www.thenextmovegroup.com/hazard.
Marketing & Communications Coordinator, City of El Paso (El Paso, TX)
Under general supervision, lead, plan, and coordinate the implementation of marketing initiatives, programs, and events that work to actively engage key stakeholders, to include the El Paso business and commercial real estate community.
Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in business or public administration, marketing, public relations, journalism, mass communication and two (2) years of marketing, public relations, mass communications, or promotion of public programs experience. Please visit our website at www.governmentjobs.com for information on submitting a job application.
The purpose of this position is to develop, manage, and implement economic development projects designed to attract industry, create better paying jobs, and increase the investment tax base. Identifying prospective opportunities, reviewing, analyzing and responding to prospect inquiries, and coordinating and participating in prospect visits. Advocate for business with governmental and private entities and act as liaison in order to facilitate the location of new business and the expansion of existing companies. Compensation is $65,000 to $85,000. For full job description visit our www.MRBNV.org website.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta’s Community and Economic Development division seeks an experienced leader to direct workforce development efforts within its Center for Human Capital Studies. This new director position will lead the Center’s expanded focus on issues in low- and moderate-income (LMI) populations, which will build on and leverage the Federal Reserve System’s existing efforts in this area. The position will lead efforts to identify, evaluate, and execute large-scale and complex projects and initiatives that promote employment solutions for LMI populations.
Qualified candidates will have expertise in US workforce development policies, systems, and practices; labor force participation; and long-term and chronic unemployment. Additional qualifications include a 10-year minimum of relevant experience preferred and a master’s degree or greater in economics, public policy, city and regional planning, or a related field. Candidates should also have an ability to conduct and/or oversee research projects; strong credibility among and relationships with workforce development professionals; demonstrated and progressive leadership; excellent communication abilities; strong program and/or project management; and an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving.
This is a full-time position. The job is Atlanta-based and requires travel. Salary and benefits are competitive. The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.
All candidates should email a cover letter, resume or CV, and no more than 2 published writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please follow this link for the full profile text and formal brochure: www.affionpublic.com
Education and Experience
Qualified candidates will have a Master’s Degree from an accredited college with major coursework in public administration, urban planning or a related field. Candidates should have a minimum of ten or more years of progressively responsible related experience in a managerial or leadership capacity within public land use and comprehensive planning capacity. Municipal government and economic development experience is highly preferred. A combination of education and experience will be taken into consideration when reviewing applicants.
An American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) designation is desired.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to:
2120 Market Street
Camp Hill, PA 17011
*Deadline to receive resumes is August 02, 2016
Greater Sacramento is currently looking for a Director of Business Development to help us advance our mission. This position will to facilitate business investment and job creation throughout our six-county region. To be successful in this role one must build and maintain strong relationships with business and community leaders, the commercial real estate development community, site selection consultants and strategic partners in the industry.
The Henrico County, Virginia, Economic Development Authority (EDA) is seeking a manager to plan and execute the EDA’s business retention and expansion program which includes outreach to the county’s primary businesses and the management of expansion projects for existing companies. The successful candidate must possess a sound knowledge of business and economic development principles, excellent written and oral communications skills, the capacity to analyze and understand qualitative and quantitative data, the ability to consistently exercise sound judgment, the capacity to work independently as well as in a team environment, and provide supervisory management.
The minimum of a four year degree and five years of experience in economic development or a business related field, or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is required for the successful candidate. Starting salary for the position starts at $70,148.00. Send resume and Henrico County application to email@example.com. Application Deadline: July 24, 2016. EOE.
Vice President of Economic Development, Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce (Gainesville, FL)
Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce (FL) – Vice President of Economic Development. Jorgenson Consulting has been retained to conduct a national search to recruit an executive with the strategic leadership ability and economic development skills to build on community momentum by implementing an existing plan for the continued growth of economic prosperity in the region. The successful candidate will have the skills and ability required to lead a professional economic development team. The Gainesville Area Chamber is a 5-star accredited by the US Chamber of Commerce. A job profile can be downloaded at current searches at www.jci-inc.net or requested at firstname.lastname@example.org
$90,000 - $115,000
Supervises and manages the strategic work objectives and daily operations of the economic development department; plans and implements County economic development programs; promotes business and industry relocation to the County; promotes business retention as well as expansion of existing businesses; develops projects, programs and activities designed to promote economic development in Queen Anne’s County. Must have Bachelor’s Degree in economics, business administration or related field; eight or more years of experience in economic development, market research, commercial real estate or property development; demonstrated record of successfully facilitating business expansions and attracting new business to communities; excellent and proven interpersonal communication skills and five years of progressive management experience.
For job description visit our website or contact:
Queen Anne’s County
Department of Human Resources
107 North Liberty Street
Centreville, MD 21617
All applications must be submitted on-line at:
Deadline: Open until filled
The Montgomery County Action Council (MCAC), a public/private county-wide economic development agency, is seeking a new director to expand its successful initiatives. Montgomery County is a vibrant manufacturing center in Southeast Kansas. Cessna, Standard Motor Products, John Deere, and CVR Energy are a few of the many successful companies located here. With a population of approximately 34,000 and a one hour commute population of over 150,000, Montgomery County ranks 4th in the state for manufacturing output at $6.1 Billion in 2012.
MCAC collaborates frequently with several local, regional, and state partners and the new director must demonstrate the ability to foster positive relations. A comprehensive and innovative approach to economic development is required as is proven experience in effective project management. Montgomery County has been very aggressive in economic development and welcomes a leader with creative ideas to encourage the growth of local businesses and the recruitment of new industries.
Preferred skills: business development and recruitment, finance, economics/economic development principles, business counseling, grants, marketing, board and community relations, management, CEcD.
Please mail resume with cover letter immediately to MCAC Executive Committee, P.O. Box 588, Independence, Kansas 67301 or email to email@example.com. Salary commensurate with experience; generous benefit package. www.actioncouncil.com
The Senior Vice President of Education & Workforce is responsible for the development and management of the chamber’s education and workforce program which represents the collective best interest of chamber membership. Program involves working with membership and regional partners on developing public policy, developing strategies to implement policies, developing relationships with strategic education and workforce partners in all levels, developing and implementing programmatic partnerships that further the chamber’s goals, such as Tulsa’s Young Professionals, Partners in Education, Oklahoma Scholars and College Access Career Readiness Coaches and positioning the chamber as the lead business organization for public policy relating to education and workforce.
• Advanced knowledge and interest in public policy issues and current events
• Good negotiating and lobbying skills
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally; ability to motivate people
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with all levels of individuals
• Supervisory and planning skills as well as event planning abilities
• Working computer knowledge in Word, Excel, e-mail, and the internet
• This level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree with 15+ years work experience in public policy development, education reform and/or community programs. Advanced Degree or Certification Preferred.
• Capable to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time.
• Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, insight into group dynamics, and the ability to develop and foster relationships.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
Announcement Number 16-126
Under the general supervision for the County Manager serves as a key member of the county’s tactical leadership team with direct responsibility for the effective implementation of county-wide strategic and operating initiatives to strengthen the economic base, attract and retain businesses, and effectively market County for economic sustainability and long-term vitality that enhances the quality of life of residents and strengthens the business environment.
County application is required. Apply at the Human Resources Division, County of Los Alamos, 1000 Central Avenue, Ste. 230, Los Alamos, NM 87544. Applications are available in our office, at www.losalamosnm.us or by calling (505)662-8040.
E.D. is charged with leading the organization in a manner that supports the organizational mission as defined by the Board of Directors. Primary duties include:
1) NRGRDA Board of Directors and organizational governance;
2) Leading a robust program of business development, existing business support, workforce and community development services for the NRG region;
3) Strategic planning;
4) Formulation and oversight of budgets;
5) Grant writing and external resource development;
6) Fostering effective partnerships at all levels within the private, public and non-profit sectors; and the
7) Implementation of creative solutions and innovative regional initiatives.
For full job description and details visit: nrgrda.org/who-we-are/job-opportunities
TO apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and five professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Albion Economic Development Corporation (MI) – President and CEO. Jorgenson Consulting has been retained to conduct a national search for a President/CEO with the credentials and leadership in furthering the economic development strategies and initiatives for the community. The Albion EDC manages three nonprofit corporations which work in close cooperation to encourage a healthy and growing economy for Albion. Through the management of the TIFA and the BRA, the corporation works to recruit new business to the Albion area and also works with existing companies. A complete job profile can be requested at current searches at www.jci-inc.net or email@example.com.
The Economic Development Practice Lead will grow the firm’s business by expanding its reputation as ED subject-matter experts. The individual will: generate economic development leads and manage the sales process; provide exemplary service and recommendations; maintain strategic partnerships; manage assigned accounts; ensure quality of firm’s ED deliverables; and may supervise staff on certain projects.
• Five years’ experience in a strategic economic development role, including strategic planning, new program development, securing new business, working on ED projects such as relocation and expansion, site selection, zoning and planning, etc.
• Proven success in writing sales proposals and responding to RFPs
• Proven success on site selection projects as site selector or as a member of an EDO team
• One year experience in developing goals, metrics, and successfully motivating and managing staff
• Experience implementing quality systems or successful process improvements
• Extensive knowledge of ED industry and recognition as an ED leader
• Knowledge of business operations and the ability to analyze operations and allocate resources
• Strong financial acumen and ability to make fiscally-responsible decisions
• Excellent project management skills
• Excellent interpersonal, professional and communication skills, including presenting
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Ability to strategize at the executive level
• Ability to present and sell to a diverse group of stakeholder and to define and deliver effective messaging
• Ability to build and maintain credibility in the sales process, in the industry, and with clients
• Ability to exhibit integrity in work product and in interactions with others
• Ability to hold one’s self accountable for actions, successes, and failures
• Ability to travel overnight on a regular basis
Firm offers a competitive salary, benefits, paid time off, 401(k), etc. Send cover letter, including salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via fax 608.845.3375.
Assists with business development related questions and provides requested site location information; Meets with existing retail and industrial businesses in the County; Contacts and meets with retail and industrial business development prospects; contacts and meets with developers and consultants; Manages the Enterprise Zone and Tourism Zone programs; Attendance at trade shows will be required and may be in partnership with other agencies; field work is required.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: www.princegeorgecountyva.gov
Position #EDS062016 - ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Prince George County Human Resources
6602 Courts Drive
Prince George, VA 23875
The City of Mentor, Ohio (pop. approx. 50,000) is seeking a knowledgeable, articulate, self-starter to continue its export assistance and international business attraction program.
The successful candidate will directly assist local manufacturers with export compliance issues, provide guidance to businesses considering export, organize seminars relating to international trade, develop and maintain relationships with economic development and other organizations engaged in international business development and attraction, establish and maintain relationships with international counterparts in promoting business to business partnerships, participate in international trade missions, assist in efforts to attract foreign direct investment, and participate in marketing efforts to promote the city’s International Trade Initiative.
The position requires a degree from a four-year college or university with a major in International Business (or a related field) and considerable knowledge in export compliance; consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of training and experience.
The City of Mentor is a City Manager/Council form of government. The International Trade Manager reports directly to the Director of Economic and Community Development. Annual Pay range: $62,245 to $93,104 (depending on qualifications) plus a comprehensive benefit package.
To review a detailed job description and/or apply for this position, please visit our website cityofmentor.com/work/employment/. When applying online, please submit the application to HRMail2@cityofmentor.com. Application deadline: end of business day Friday, August 19, 2016. EOE/ADA
Contact Information: Phone 440-974-5795 email: HRMail2@cityofmentor.com