Looking for internship opportunities? Visit the internship postings
February 27, 2017
- Executive Director, Economic Progress Alliance of Crawford County (Meadville, PA)
- Senior Consultant, Council for Adult & Experiential Learning (Greenwood Village, CO)
February 20, 2017
- Director of Spaceport Business Development, Midland Development Corporation (Midland, TX)
- Director of Economic Development Strategy, Thomas P. Miller and Associates (Indianapolis, IN)
- Assistant Director, Findlay Hancock County Economic Development (Findlay, OH)
- Economic Development Specialist, City of Maricopa (Maricopa, AZ)
- President & CEO, Downtown Toledo Development Corporation (Toledo, OH)
February 13, 2017
- President & Chief Executive Officer, Fond du Lac Association of Commerce/Economic Development Corporation (Fond du Lac, WI)
- Assistant Director, Baltimore City Department of Planning (Baltimore, MD)
- Vice President, Business Development, Charlotte Regional Partnership (Charlotte, NC)
- Director, Research, Charlotte Regional Partnership (Charlotte, NC)
- Vice President for Development, Rockford Area Economic Development Council (Rockford, IL)
- President, RowanWORKS (Salisbury, NC)
- Business Development Specialist, Unified Government Athens-Clarke County (Athens, GA)
- Economic Development Specialist, Town of Erie (Erie, CO)
- Executive Director, Churchill Economic Development Authority (Fallon NV)
February 6, 2017
- Executive Director, Wilmington Leaders Alliance (Wilmington, DE)
- Business Development Manager, Hampton Roads Economic Development Alliance (Norfolk, VA)
- Economic Development Director, City of Las Cruces (Las Cruces, NM)
- President/CEO, Intersect Illinois (Chicago, IL)
- President and CEO, Hutchinson/Reno County Chamber (Hutchinson, KS)
Executive Director, Economic Progress Alliance of Crawford County (Meadville, PA)
The Economic Progress Alliance of Crawford County (www.epacc.net) is a private, non-profit economic development organization located in Northwestern Pennsylvania. The mission of the Alliance is to improve the quality of life in Crawford County, PA by promoting, facilitating, and supporting viable economic development opportunities.
The Alliance has a senior staff of four managers, approximately 30 total employees and an annual budget of $4,000,000. The Alliance owns and operates three industrial parks and other properties totaling 1.5 million square feet that house approximately 45 companies and businesses.
The Executive Director and staff promote business recruitment and expansion, offer various loan programs, secure funding for projects, and manage industrial and commercial properties. A Bachelor’s degree in related areas is required with an advanced degree desirable. Personal qualities should include leadership, high ethics, speaking and writing ability, and management and motivational skills. The ideal candidate will be innovative in business recruitment and retention, possess marketing experience, strong financial experience, experience in real estate management and lease negotiations, strong knowledge of environmental matters, and experience in grants and loans at the federal and state level.
Compensation depending on qualifications and experience. Resumes with cover letter and salary history can be mailed to Bill Bragg, President, Board of Directors, Economic Progress Alliance of Crawford County, 789 Bessemer Street, Meadville, PA 16335; or email to Bill Bragg c/o Heather Miller at email@example.com.
Overview: Works with CAEL’s Workforce & Economic Development Team, and with various CAEL colleagues to deliver consulting, facilitation, research and technical assistance to workforce investment, economic development and civic sector clients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead and support the delivery Workforce and Economic Development consulting projects;
• Compose reports, action plans and proposals for WED clients and stakeholders, regional multi-sector partnerships, foundations, and other clients;
• Create and deliver presentations at local, regional, and national conferences;
• Contribute to development of new products and refinement of existing products related to supply/demand analysis, regional collaboration, development of sector initiatives, professional development, application of best practices in education and training;
• Develop business opportunities;
• Oversee project support personnel including CAEL staff and external consultants
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
• Superior presentation skills;
• Superior client relationship management skills;
• Understanding of workforce investment systems, economic development, and public sector investment in education and training;
• Ability to develop rapport with leaders and stakeholders in workforce development, economic development, community colleges, chambers of commerce, industry associations and employers
• Strong listening skills; ability to identify a range of client needs
• Experience in marketing and selling services and/or products to workforce development audiences;
• Ability to create and manage project budgets;
• Ability to guide a project from inception to conclusion, including timely submission of final reports;
• Ability to leverage assistance and expertise from inside of CAEL, and across the field;
• Ability to manage difficult people and situations while maintaining positivity and strong client relations;
• Desire to exceed expectations;
• Ability to work as part of a team including teams comprised of various combinations of CAEL staff, consultants and client representatives;
• Excellent time management skills;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel PowerPoint, and Outlook;
• Bachelors Degree required.
• Minimum five years’ experience working in workforce investment systems, community colleges, economic development or related setting
Email to Teri Buffum at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Spaceport Business Development, Midland Development Corporation (Midland, TX)
The Midland Development Corporation in Midland, Texas is looking for an experienced director to oversee all operations, functions and activities associated with running the Midland Spaceport Business Park at the Midland Air and Space Port. You will be the face of the Midland Development Corporation in relationship with partners such as the Commercial Spaceflight Federation, Space Foundation, Midland Spaceport Development Corporation and the Midland International Air & Space Port, responsible for giving the proper strategic direction and implementing a high-quality vision.
The spaceport business development director must be an influential manager with ability to lead and motivate. The director must have excellent communication skills and take a holistic approach to managing the marketing, promotion and operations.
The director’s primary goal is to lead the Midland Spaceport Business Park towards the realization of its mission of becoming the nation’s premier site for the commercial space, aerospace and aviation industry.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree and must have a strong business development track record with executive level contacts in aerospace, aviation, and commercial space.
Candidates must submit a cover letter and resume.
The Spaceport Business Development Director is primarily responsible for the marketing, promotion, operation and development of the Midland Spaceport Business Park. This includes both the acquisition of new spaceport tenants as well as facilitating the renewal of existing contracts before expiration. Also, the director will maintain key relationships with FAA/AST, existing spaceports and establish and develop relationships with new prospective tenants to assure Midland increases its competitive standing among spaceports. This role will include oversight of the procurement process and proposal submission for spaceport opportunities.
Submit application to email@example.com Direct - 432-686-3552
Thomas P. Miller and Associates is an Indianapolis, Indiana-based dynamic consulting firm that focuses on economic, community, and workforce development, combined with expertise in research and evaluation. We are seeking a Director of Economic Development Strategy. The Director works with the Vice President to pursue business leads, grow lines of business, ensure quality and efficiency of work, and develop innovative approaches to projects, both within the Economic Development Strategy practice area and cross functionally with other teams in the firm.
The candidate will demonstrate leadership and the ability to: 1) judge trends, appreciate the implications of data, and apply knowledge to add value for our clients and their communities; 2) shift priorities quickly and effectively; 3) tolerate ambiguity and continue to be positive and effective; and 4) think creatively, solve problems and provide vision to the team.
We require a Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business, Economics, or related; graduate degree preferred. 7-10 years of experience in economic development or related field; some experience outside of Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky preferred. 3 years of direct supervisory experience. CEcD, AICP, or similar certification preferred.
Findlay Hancock County Economic Development, a privately funded ED organization is searching for an Assistant Director. Findlay, Ohio was named the Top Micropolitan in the United States in 2014 and 2015 by Site Selection Magazine. The Assistant Director of Economic Development is a senior professional staff member appointed by the Director of Economic Development. This individual will support the Director of Economic Development in all activities including: Retention and Expansion, Attraction, Planning, Small Business Development, Downtown Development and Marketing. A full job description including; Essential Duties and Responsibilities, Qualifications including Education and Experience, Physical Demands and Work Environment can be obtained by contacting Tim Mayle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-422-3313.
$57,317-$79,013 Salary Range
***Please see the City of Maricopa website for full recruitment and application details www.governmentjobs.com. Applications will only be accepted via the City of Maricopa website. ***
The Downtown Toledo Development Corporation is seeking a dynamic, metrics-driven, marketing savvy, strategically-focused, President & CEO who possesses strong development experience and is passionate about leading a bold, broad-based, urban transformation. The President & CEO will be focused on the revitalization, development, beautification, and advancement of Downtown Toledo. The President & CEO serves as the strategic leader and face of the organization. Successful candidates will be a passionate change agent combining skills in economic development, marketing, business formation, tourism, property and land development, and fundraising and will be committed to making Downtown Toledo a dynamic urban center.
“Opportunity Profile” can be found at: www.downtowntoledoplan.com
Apply to: EconDev@dhrinternational.com Reference DTDC President & CEO
President & Chief Executive Officer, Fond du Lac Association of Commerce/Economic Development Corporation (Fond du Lac, WI)
Top executive for newly aligned 850-member chamber and public-private economic development organization for 102,000 population county. Central location within one hour of Wisconsin’s four major markets: Milwaukee, Madison, Fox Cities and Green Bay. Strong manufacturing and distribution region. 18-member Board, 18 staff, $2MM budget. Ideal candidate has at least 5-10 years as executive at chamber or public-private county or regional ED organization. Bachelors required; Masters and CEcD desired. Resume/salary to Eric Peterson or Debbie Galbraith, Waverly Partners; 440-892-5961; FondduLac@Waverly-Partners.com
$87,100 - $143,600
(Salary Commensurate with Experience)
The Baltimore City Department of Planning is the agency entrusted with the mission to build Baltimore as a diverse, sustainable and thriving city of neighborhoods and as the economic and cultural driver for the region. The Department of Planning is organized into six divisions, each with its special focus in support of the mission and the three Mayoral-appointed commissions we serve: Planning Commission, Commission for Historical and Architectural Preservation, and the Sustainability Commission. Cross-division collaboration is essential to our planning work and is embedded in the Department’s culture. The Department is looking for an experienced and dynamic individual with the intellectual proficiency and commitment to excellence necessary to be part of Planning’s senior leadership team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide strategic direction to division chiefs and staff for sustainability, research & strategic planning, comprehensive planning, capital improvement, and food policy initiatives.
• Work collaboratively with the director and division chiefs to coordinate among division and staff work programs to achieve maximum agency impact and effectiveness on priority cross-cutting department initiatives.
• Function as a "Principal in Charge" on high priority Planning Department projects and initiatives, providing direction and support to responsible project managers.
• Coordinate with senior members of other agencies and stakeholder groups to implement agency and administration objectives and programs.
• Manage and evaluate the performance of, discipline and recommend the hiring, firing and promoting of subordinate planning personnel.
• Represent the department before legislative bodies and meet with State and Federal agencies and neighborhood and community/stakeholder groups to present and receive planning recommendations.
• Perform the duties of director in the event of the director’s absence.
HOW TO APPLY
The complete job announcement (link below) provides additional information, including instructions on how to apply by the closing date of Tuesday, February 28, 2017.
The Charlotte Regional Partnership is nationally ranked regional EDO, representing 2.8 million residents across a 16 county, bi-state region, collectively marketed as Charlotte USA. We are seeking a Vice President, Business Development to actively, collaboratively and strategically attract new capital investment and job opportunities to the Charlotte regional market.
The ideal candidate has outstanding relevant academic credentials; a proven track record of recruiting domestic and international clients; a keen sense of self-awareness; the ability to broadly navigate key expectations of private and public sector stakeholders; and the initiative to be a leader in the industry by building a globally competitive team that leverages intelligence and relationships to recruit businesses to Charlotte USA.
For a full job description, please visit: charlotteusa.com.
If interested, please respond directly by sending a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. Eligible candidates will be contacted after March 1st for interviews. No phone calls please.
The Charlotte Regional Partnership is a nationally ranked regional EDO representing 2.8 million residents across a 16 county, bi-state region, collectively marketed as Charlotte USA. We are seeking a Director of Research to creatively, collaboratively and strategically transform data into knowledge that is vital for our economic development marketing and recruitment activities.
The ideal candidate possesses a naturally inquisitive mind; critical thinking skills to analyze information and the ability to work in a deadline-driven environment. This position is fast-paced and projects are varied but vital to this role is the understanding of regional/local economic development data and its sources. Seen as crucial to our success, this role interacts with many functions of the organization. The degree of accuracy, time-sensitivity, and collaborative nature of this position cannot be understated. Having recently completed a Regional Strategic Plan, this position creates a unique opportunity for an individual to actively track the growth of a fast growing, dynamic economy.
For a full job description, please visit: charlotteusa.com.
If interested, please respond directly by sending a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Eligible candidates will be contacted after March 1st for interviews. No phone calls please.
Award-winning economic development organization offers a unique opportunity for an economic development trailblazer. Our public/private partnership organization seeks a Vice President to assume a leadership role in Northern Illinois to manage our Business Retention & Expansion programs and selected strategic projects. The Rockford, Illinois, Region is home to:
• The sixth-largest Aerospace employment concentration in the U.S.
• Growing Advanced Manufacturing and Healthcare clusters.
• A well-positioned, uncongested Air/Rail/Truck Logistics hub.
• The third-largest city in Illinois, well within a 90-minute drive from Chicago, Milwaukee and Madison.
Candidates must possess great dedication, commitment, and strategic qualities as well as a broad range of business management skills. The organization’s staff is held to an extremely high level of professionalism and productivity. This person must be able to manage diverse and multi-level projects as a “self-starter," capable of taking ideas and tasks at different levels and implementing them at a fast pace.
This position requires prior economic development experience as well as basic computer skills and database management experience. Minimum of a bachelor’s degree required. A professional work environment and competitive salary/benefits are available.
President - Jorgenson Consulting has been retained to conduct a national search for an experienced and energetic professional to facilitate the expansion and retention of existing industry and recruiting new non-residential development. RowanWORKS is responsible for addressing the comprehensive economic development goals of Rowan County and its ten municipalities. The position requires a comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of economic development, including existing business retention & expansion, the recruitment of new businesses, community promotion, product development, incentive negotiation and business development. A job opportunity profile can be downloaded at current searches at www.jci-inc.net or requested by emailing email@example.com
Job Purpose: manage business development aspects of department, prospect outreach, project management, economic development programs implementation, business leads generation, marketing, conference/trade show attendance.
MINIMUM TRAINING & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree in Economics, Business Administration, Real Estate or related discipline; Two years of economic development, project management, marketing, public relations, or related experience required; Or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position. Must possess a valid driver's license.
Supervisory experience is preferred.
Call: (706) 613-3090
The Town of Erie is currently accepting applications for Economic Development Specialist. The incumbent performs a variety of administrative, technical and analytical work in support of the Economic Development Division and the Town of Erie Urban Renewal Authority (TOEURA). Assists with the solicitation of new and expanded retail, mixed use, office and industrial developments and supports existing business retention. Works closely with other departments/divisions, external entities and the public.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN READING MORE ABOUT THIS POSITION PLEASE VISIT WWW.ERIECO.GOV/JOBS AND APPLY TODAY!!!
Promotes CEDA’s mission and economic development functions, including business retention and attraction; Collaborates with individuals and organizations to support the development of jobs and business opportunities; Works directly with Churchill County, The City of Fallon, the Fallon Chamber of Commerce, the Highway 95 corridor group and the CEDA Business Council in all areas of economic development including facilitating leads and site visits, collecting data, and promoting investment in the community.
Announcement materials are available at the Churchill Economic Development Authority, 448 W. Williams Ave, Suite 103, Fallon, Nevada, and online at www.cedaattracts.com.
Executive Director, Wilmington Leaders Alliance (Wilmington, DE)
Created to realize the vision of making Wilmington The Most Dynamic Small City in America, the Wilmington Leaders Alliance is an important catalyst for transformational initiatives that will drive the city’s growth and success.
The Wilmington Leaders Alliance (WLA) is comprised of more than 30 leading businesses, civic organizations and foundations, all working together to foster, support and drive positive change for Wilmington.
The WLA will work collaboratively to guide the development and implementation of a comprehensive plan for the entire city. The plan will set clear strategies to transform the local economy and will have well-defined outcomes for short-and long-term impact. It will include common metrics that will be come part of an inclusive Wilmington dashboard to demonstrate real-time progress.
To accomplish this, the Executive Director must be successful at building relationships, identifying and developing future leaders and have demonstrated a track record of forming strategic partnerships and leveraging resources to accomplish measurable goals. Key to success is the ability to realize the vision for Wilmington and shape the future through targeted transformational initiatives using a collective approach.
Within the 1st year, the Executive Director will:
• Study similar efforts in successful communities,
• Develop a comprehensive plan to create transformative change for the City of Wilmington focusing initially on two of the four core areas: Leadership and Economic Development,
• Develop metrics and a dashboard to measure baseline and impact,
• Drive the WLA brand through differentiation and development/delivery of tangible results,
• esign and launch a leadership development program,
• Identify and cultivate future members in business, education, foundations, social sectors, and other targeted areas.
For more information about this exciting opportunity and Wilmington Leaders Alliance, qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to WLAGrowth@gmail.com.
FUNCTION: Conducts activities aimed at marketing the Hampton Roads region globally, with the goal of attracting high impact jobs and capital investment to the region
• Coordinates and responds promptly to all inquiries by prospects, site selection consultants, real estate brokers and state business development managers
• Prepares customized marketing packages in response to inquiries
• Coordinates with the Research Director on project related Requests for Information
• Uses proprietary database and state’s website to search for sites and buildings that best meet project parameters for prospects
• Communicates project requirements to localities as described in HREDA’s Prospect Handling Guidelines
• Coordinates site tours for prospects and acts as host and facilitator during the visit
• Coordinates and leads marketing missions to both domestic and international locations
• Communicates relevant information regarding the assets of the region to prospects, site selection consultants and centers of influence, in both formal and informal presentations
• Conducts follow-up activities with prospects through telephone calls and email
• Familiar with CRM concept of prospect database management and acknowledges commitment to diligent maintenance of records related to all lead, prospect, or project activities
• Compiles monthly report of activities on a timely basis
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Two to five years of relevant economic development experience
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with diverse groups of people
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects
• With minimal notice, flexibility to travel and to work nights and weekends, as needed
• Ability to use computerized databases for project management
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and LinkedIn
• Ability to speak foreign language is a preferred but not required
Bachelor’s Degree required with a preference for business, economics or marketing
SEND RESUME/COVER LETTER TO SHANNON KENDRICK: SKENDRICK@HREDA.COM
Provides administrative direction to the Economic Development Department through effective planning, staff management, and resource allocation to ensure the effective coordination of programs and strategies required to meet the City’s goals and objectives.
Requirements: Bachelor's Degree (Business/Public Administration, Economic Development, Urban/Regional Planning, Marketing, or related). Seven years of professional level experience in economic development, marketing, research, business development, community development or redevelopment, to include four years in an administrative role supervising staff. Valid driver’s license.
Closing Date: 2/27/17
More information: www.las-cruces.org
Intersect Illinois, Chicago, IL – President/CEO. Jorgenson Consulting has been retained to recruit an experienced executive with the credentials and leadership to serve as President/CEO. Intersect Illinois, a start-up, not-for-profit, serves as the lead business recruitment and marketing organization for the State of Illinois. Intersect Illinois works in collaboration and partnership with business leaders, state, regional, and local entities actively engaged in economic development. The preferred candidate is a mix visionary leadership, strategic thinking and practical down-to-earth management. A complete job profile can be requested at current searches at www.jci-inc.net or IntersectIllinois@jci-inc.net.
Hutchinson/Reno County Chamber (KS) – President and CEO. Jorgenson Consulting has been retained to conduct a national search to recruit a dynamic, visionary leader to achieve the strategic goals within the Chamber, Economic Development, CVB, Community Development and administrative departments. The Chamber drives economic development efforts in the Hutchinson/Reno County region through business retention and recruitment, promotion of area attractions and events, and taking a leadership role in projects and initiatives dedicated to maintaining and improving the area’s economy and quality of life. A job profile can be downloaded at current searches at www.jci-inc.net or firstname.lastname@example.org.