Looking for internship opportunities? Visit the internship postings
June 27, 2016
- Senior Vice President of Community & Business Development, Charlotte City Center Partners (Charlotte, NC)
- Business Development Recruiter, Washington State Department of Commerce (Seattle, WA)
- GHDP CEO/JCEDC Executive Director, Jefferson County (Jefferson County, WI)
- Economic Development Director – Manistee Downtown Development Authority (Manistee, MI)
June 20, 2016
- President/CEO, South Central Workforce Development Board (Bowling Green, KY)
- Business Loan Officer, Region 9 Economic Dev. District of Southwest Colorado (Durango, CO)
- Economic & Business Development Manager, Indiana Michigan Power (Fort Wayne, IN)
- The Director, Business Development for the US market Economic Development Division, ROI Research on Investment (Montreal, QC)
June 13, 2016
- Vice President of Economic Development, The Chamber & the EDC of Lawrence and Douglas County (Lawrence, KS)
- Economic Development Project Coordinator, City of Beaverton (Beaverton, OR)
- Economist, Virginia Economic Development Partnership (Richmond, VA)
- EVP Economic Development, Greater Wichita Partnership (Wichita, KS)
- President & CEO, Downtown Tucson Partnership (Tucson, AZ)
- Director of Economic and Community Development, City of North Chicago (North Chicago, IL)
- Business Recruitment/Retention Specialist - Economic Development Office, City of Cape Coral (Cape Coral, FL)
June 6, 2016
- Executive Director, Monroeville/Monroe County Economic Development Authority (Monroeville, AL)
- Economic Development Project Manager, City of Danville (City of Danville, VA)
- Economic and Business Development Research Manager, American Electric Power (Columbus, OH)
- Development Process Manager, Loudoun County Government (Leesburg, VA)
- Economic Development Manager, City of Wauwatosa (Wauwatosa, WI)
- Marketing Representative, The Henrico County (Henrico County, VA)
- Economic Development Project Manager, Berwyn Development Corporation (Berwyn, IL)
- Executive Director of Economic Development, Dickinson Economic Development Corporation (City of Dickinson, TX)
- Economic Development Officer, City of Henderson, (Henderson, NV)
Senior Vice President of Community & Business Development, Charlotte City Center Partners (Charlotte, NC)
The Charlotte City Center Partners (CCCP) has a vision - a viable, livable, memorable, and sustainable community, with modern infrastructure, a tapestry of unique neighborhoods, and a diversity of thriving businesses. The CCCP seeks a SVP of Community & Business Development who will bring this vision to reality. The SVP will be a strong communicator, advocate, and community builder. As a member of the executive leadership team, the SVP will manage complex economic and neighborhood development initiatives including land use.
Submit email to EconDev@dhrinternational.com for complete Opportunity Profile
Help grow Washington's economy! Forge and execute the state's economic development strategy. Identify new business and investment opportunities. Assist domestic and international companies find new opportunities. Work with local, regional and state economic development concerns. Create recruitment, retention, expansion and investment wins. Requires in-state, domestic, and international travel.
Bachelor's degree and 3 years of experience in:
• recruitment in economic development capacity; OR
• commercial real estate experience; OR
• sales, business development experience in any of Washington's key sectors.
Apply on-line: www.governmentjobs.com
For more information: email@example.com
Wage and Salary: $100,000-$120,000, inclusive of up to a $15,000 bonus
Application Deadline: July 12, 2016
The CEO/Executive Director (“CEO”) will serve as the lead economic development executive for Jefferson County and report to the the GHDP and JCEDC Boards and the County Administrator. The CEO will oversee all day-to-day GHDP / JCEDC operations, financial matters, implementation of Board decisions, and continued development and refinement of GHDP’s/JCEDC’s strategic initiative. The CEO will implement strategies in support of the 2017-2021 Initiative’s three goals and ensure that GHDP/JCEDC achieves its mission to drive economic and community development in the Jefferson County area.
Bachelor\'s degree in an applicable field from an accredited college or university, with a Master’s degree highly preferred. A minimum of five years’ experience in the economic development field is required and experience with capital campaigns or similar initiatives highly desired. CeCD, or comparable certification, is required within 18 months of employment. Must have a comprehensive understanding of economic development theory and practice and strong leadership and communications skills. Previous supervisory/management experience, preferably as one of the top staff leaders at another economic development organization, is needed.
How to Apply
Please submit an application, resume, and cover letter on-line at www.jeffersoncountywi.gov (see “Job Opportunities” on the right side of the home page) OR to Terri Palm, Human Resources, Jefferson County, at TerriP@jeffersoncountywi.gov (“CEO Application” in email subject line). The deadline to apply is Friday, July 8, 2016. GHDP / JCEDC intends to interview the most competitive candidates thereafter and welcome the new CEO by the end of August. References and a background check will be conducted on the final candidate(s).
Full Time -- $50,000 - $65,000 annually
An entrepreneurial, energetic, self-starter with 3 – 5 years economic development experience is desired to accomplish a strategic goal of 100% downtown mixed-use occupancy. Manistee is the home of a historic central downtown business district, Lake Michigan beaches, and world class fishing and is a great community to live, work and play.
This position would administer and manage a comprehensive economic development program including business development, recruitment, retention and day-to-day business activities for the downtown district. A Bachelor’s degree in a related area is required. Submit resume, letter of interest and three references electronically by Friday, July 22 to firstname.lastname@example.org or to 294 River Street, Suite #2, Manistee, MI 49660.
President/CEO, South Central Workforce Development Board (Bowling Green, KY)
South Central Kentucky Regional Workforce Development Board is seeking a President/CEO to manage workforce development efforts for the 10- county South Central Region. The new CEO will also lead the board’s newly established independent non-profit entity – The South Central Foundation for Workforce Development. The full job description can be found at www.sckyFWD.org and those interested in applying should submit their resume and cover letter to beth@sckyFWD.org.
Region 9 Economic Dev. District of Southwest Colorado seeks full-time business loan officer to work throughout Southwest Colorado. Must be skilled making public presentations, underwriting loans, portfolio management and servicing. Strong writing skills, task follow-through, flexibility, and diplomacy a must. Degree in a related field and proven experience in commercial lending preferred. Salary starts at $60K + benefits. Complete job description available by request to Ed Morlan. Submit cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com by Friday, June 24th. EOE.
Economic & Business Development Manager – Indiana Michigan Power, Benton Harbor MI Provides overall Economic Development direction and support in an assigned region of the AEP service territory. Proactively identifies and manages business relationships with companies in target sector. Generate business leads and work to secure revenue producing investment in the AEP service territory.5+ years economic/business development experience; CEcD preferred. Apply online at www.aep.com/careers/kenexa
ROI Research on Investment is an award winning firm that provides data and services related to early-stage investment and corporate expansion intelligence. As a business matchmaker to the world we connect companies that are growing and investing with the global economic development organizations and B2B companies that can help them grow.
ROI’s headquarters are in Montreal, with offices in Toronto, Chicago, Denver, New York, San Diego and San Francisco. We are looking for a seasoned and energetic sales leader for a Director, Business Development position within our Economic Development division. The Director, Business Development is appointed by the Vice President, Business Development to whom the position reports to. The position requires regular travelling throughout the US and the candidate could work from a home office or from a ROI satellite office.
The Director, Business Development for the US market Economic Development Division is responsible for identifying business opportunities, building key partner relationships, negotiating and closing business deals and gaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions. The ideal candidates will have experience and skill in developing new business in the Economic Development industry (local and state agencies, utilities, industrial and scientific parks, etc.)
• Prospect, research and identify new business opportunities.
• Demonstrated success at building and maintaining appropriate pipeline levels.
• Identify and develop unique selling propositions and differentiation.
• Close sales, utilizing team and company resources to maximum potential.
• Attend industry events and functions.
• Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network and that of the Company's senior executives.
• Develop and present engaging proposals in Competitive Intelligence and Lead Generation
• Provide valuable / timely information to peers, supervisors and business team
• Other duties as assigned
To apply and for a full job description please visit the career section at www.roivision.com
Vice President of Economic Development, The Chamber & the EDC of Lawrence and Douglas County (Lawrence, KS)
The VP of Economic Development promotes the goals of The Chamber and the EDC to increase jobs and investment in Lawrence and Douglas County, Kansas, by the expansion of existing businesses and the attraction of new business and industry. Preference given to candidates with Bachelor's degree and five years ED experience. See the full job description at lawrencechamber.com. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, business, public administration, public policy, economics, political science, or a related field
• Two years of experience in managing programs relating to economic development, planning, grant administration, economic incentives, state or federal grant program compliance, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Valid driver’s license and the ability to meet the city’s driving standards
• A Master’s degree in a related field
• Direct experience in local government, economic incentives, Brownfields or grant management
• Knowledge of economic development programs and procedures
The Research division of the Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) seeks an Economist to research, track, and analyze fiscal, economic, marketing, and industry issues. This work supports VEDP’s goals of helping companies to create jobs and make capital investments in Virginia. A Bachelor’s degree in economics, business, finance or related field is required. Master’s degree in economics, finance or business is preferred. Experience in economic development is desirable. Hiring range: $55,000 - $65,000.
All candidates must apply through our website www.yesvirginia.org.
Application deadline: June 20, 2016.
The Greater Wichita Partnership is aligning resources to focus the business community on common strategies that fast-forward economic growth in Wichita and south-central Kansas. The Partnership is seeking a dynamic, high energy executive who is passionate about driving sustainable job growth for the Wichita region. The Executive Vice President-Economic Development will be a member of the senior staff and provides vision, direction, leadership, and management for the economic development staff. Successful candidates will be experienced in translating a strategic plan into business and workforce development which give Wichita a competitive advantage in a global marketplace.
The Downtown Tucson Partnership is seeking a dynamic, high-energy, strategically focused, marketing savvy, metrics-driven CEO with strong urban development experience to drive sustainable growth. The President & CEO serves as the strategic leader and face of the organization. Successful candidates will be a passionate change agent combining skills in economic development, marketing, business formation, tourism, property and land development, and fundraising and will be committed to making Downtown Tucson the most dynamic urban center in the Southwest.
The City of North Chicago is pleased to announce the recruitment and selection process for a Director of Economic and Community Development. Candidates should apply by July 9, 2016, with resume, cover letter and contact information with five work-related references to the attention of Elizabeth Black, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com, 1850 Lewis Avenue, North Chicago, IL 60064. Tel: 847-596-8642. The City of North Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The current salary range for the position is $105,749.00 - $122,998.00.
The City of North Chicago, Illinois, (population 30,038), a home-rule municipality under the Illinois Constitution, is located approximately 36 miles north of the Chicago “Loop.”
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATION CRITERIA:
The City is seeking candidates with a strong, successful track record of economic development initiatives, and previous experience in a leadership role, and expertise in the following:
• Economic development programs;
• Urban planning principles and practices;
• Real estate services and transactions;
• Code enforcement practices and procedures;
• City ordinances and zoning codes;
• Community Development principles and procedures;
• State and federal business assistance programs;
• Business plan and credit analysis, financial packaging and commercial lending.
• Economic recovery strategies;
• Economic development finance, redevelopment, and emerging economic development trends;
• Experience administering the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program.
• Experience actively researching, writing, and managing grants from the Federal and State government and other private and public funding sources.
Candidates will need to possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school, in the area of Urban Development, Business Management, Public Administration or related fields, a Master’s Degree is preferred. A CEcD credentialed professional is preferred.
Candidates will be expected to have a minimum of seven years of progressively responsible managerial municipal experience, preferably in a strong Mayor and/or Council/Manager setting.
The position is responsible for assisting with the development of and implementing the City’s long-range Economic Development Plan, Office activities, with specific focus on recruiting targeted investors and enterprises to locate in Cape Coral. Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/ university in related field required; Master’s Degree preferred. Seven years professional experience required in the field of economic development, finance, business consulting, business administration, business marketing, community development, planning or public administration.
Online Employment Application Required. For additional information and to apply please visit www.capecoral.net.
Executive Director, Monroeville/Monroe County Economic Development Authority (Monroeville, AL)
Monroeville/Monroe County Economic Development Authority (MMCEDA) is the nonprofit economic development organization charged with creating jobs in Monroe County, Alabama. The MMCEDA’s budget is comprised of 50% private money and 50% public money. The community is located halfway between Mobile and Montgomery, Alabama. The community has plenty of product including a Spec Building and Deal Ready Site. The existing industry in the area is impressive including Georgia Pacific and Fruit of the Loom. Advertised salary is $70,000+. To apply, visit www.thenextmovegroup.com/monroeville. Applications must be received by June 15, 2016.
The purpose of this position is to develop, manage, and implement economic development projects designed to attract industry, create better paying jobs, and increase the investment tax base. This is accomplished by participating in marketing the City of Danville; identifying prospective opportunities; reviewing, analyzing and responding to prospect inquiries in a prompt and effective manner; assisting and/or overseeing the development of industrial properties and redevelopment of historical properties in the River District; and coordinating and participating in prospect visits. Other duties include serving on a variety of boards; and planning, coordinating and attending special events.
Must online at danville-va.gov
Provides overall responsibility for the Research and Operations group within Economic and Business Development. Manages staff of three. Competitive business research, CRM, GIS, website and channel marketing are managed by this group.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Discipline, Library Science, Public Administration or Statistics.
Experience: Minimum of (8) years in research or economic/business development, or analytics or marketing.
Licenses/Certifications: GIS Professional, C2ER Research Certification, CEcD preferred.
Job Description and application may be made at- www.aep.com/careers
Serve as the County’s central point of contact for applicants in the Fast Track site plan approval process; provide process assistance on the department’s priority projects; attend group meetings to work towards development process improvements; act as an ombudsman by establishing relationships with applicants, brokers, developers and/or property owners in order to assist with issues related to government process and respond to other department requests for comments on commercial/rural development applications and legislative applications. Hiring Range: $52,621-$76,784. Recruitment #16- A154-1183. Visit our on-line employment center at www.loudoun.gov for more information and to apply. EOE
The City of Wauwatosa is an exciting metropolitan Milwaukee, WI suburb that has unparalleled opportunities in economic development, retail, housing and transportation. We have a well-respected school system and local government, many fine restaurants, hotels and thriving businesses; we are home to a major regional medical center, an expanding technology and research park, and a premier mall. In the last couple years, the city has experienced rapid growth and development.
There is an excellent opportunity for an Economic Development Manager to join our team during this exciting period of growth and development. This position serves as a liaison and front-line resource to neighborhood business development efforts, manages development projects and programs, and ensures compliance with regulatory components.
• Bachelor's Degree in business, public administration, urban affairs, urban planning or related field.
• 3-5 years of progressively responsible related experience (Grant, contract and/or project management; business assistance; community services; planning, permitting and development).
• Valid WI Driver License.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to build relationships with citizens and business owners.
Please visit our website to apply: www.wauwatosa.net. The application deadline is 6/16/16. You may also email Sr. HR Generalist Beth Mbow at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. You must apply on-line to be considered.
The Henrico County, Virginia, Economic Development Authority (EDA) is seeking a Marketing Representative to assist the EDA in its efforts to plan, organize, and execute marketing activities for the recruitment of new companies and the expansion of existing companies. Starting salary for the position is $52,946.99. Application deadline is June 19, 2016. Email resume and completed Henrico County application ( henrico.com) to email@example.com.
The Berwyn Development Corporation, a proactive economic development corporation, is seeking a difference maker to fill the position of Project Manager. The person will oversee our programs and projects which support new real estate development, business expansion, and redevelopment. Responsibilities will include managing projects from inception to completion to include: identification of development opportunities; recruit developers and tenants with an emphasis on retail and mixed-use development; oversee municipal aspect of development; corridor revitalization, TIF administration, urban planning; and collaboration with City departments.
Ideal candidate will be extremely energetic, analytical, high level of initiative, excellent interpersonal skills, customer service oriented with meaningful development deal experience. Bachelor’s degree in a related area and 5 years of progressively increased experience in economic development, real estate, urban planning, or advisory services. Prefer at least two years of experience working with executive management on significant development projects. E-mail resume, references, and salary history to the: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 3322 South Oak park Avenue Berwyn, IL 60402.
Dickinson is looking for a successful and experienced professional to plan, direct, and implement economic development activities of the Dickinson Economic Development Corporation (DEDC). The DEDC is a Type B Corporation under the Development Corporation Act of 1979. Located on Dickinson Bayou, a pathway to Galveston Bay, Dickinson is situated halfway between Houston and Galveston on Interstate 45.
CANDIDATE EVALUATION CRITERIA
• Bachelor Degree in economic development, public or business administration, marketing, finance, economics or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
• 5 years of current economic development experience, preferably in local government.
• Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) (or ability to obtain within 24 months of employment).
Candidates with an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities required may be considered.
$84,780 to $105,976 DOQ
For the complete posting and/or to apply please visit www.ci.dickinson.tx.us/Jobs.aspx
Position closes at 5:00 PM on Friday, July 15, 2016.
The City of Henderson, NV seeks candidates for its Economic Development Officer position which coordinates and implements business recruitment efforts for the City's Economic Development program. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in Southern Nevada. Ideal candidate is skilled in marketing, site selection analysis, incentives and deal structuring, and will have a Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, Economics, Finance, Marketing, or related field, and minimum three years’ experience in economic development. Desirable: Certified Economic Developer (CEcD), Master’s degree. Closes June 20. Visit www.cityofhenderson.com or call 702-267-1900 for more information!