The University of Oklahoma's Economic Development Institute (EDI)
The University of Oklahoma’s Economic Development Institute (OU EDI) is the premier economic development program in the nation, with more than 50 years of experience providing professional economic developers with up-to-date knowledge and tools necessary to succeed in today’s constantly changing economic development marketplace.
Program participants must complete 117 course hours through OU EDI to complete the program, 72 of which can be completed online. Online courses can be accessed at your convenience, so you can complete courses from home, while at work or while traveling. The final 45 hours of the program must be completed by attending a 5-day OU EDI Institute.
Participants can also attend all three Economic Development Institutes in person or a combination of Online Courses and Institutes to graduate in as quickly as 6 months. Participants are also offered networking and mentoring opportunities when attending OU’s Economic Development Institutes.
Admission to OU/EDI is dependent on meeting one of the following criteria:
• Completion of IEDC's Introduction to Economic Development course or a Basic Economic Development Course
• Three (3) years employment in a full-time economic development position (please submit resume).
• Other equivalent education and/or experience (please submit resume).
Course hours in a single subject area taken at EDI may be used as fulfilling the requirements for the CEcD exam. Graduation from EDI is not a requirement to sit for IEDC's certification exam.
If you would like more information on the EDI, please contact:
Heather Reichert (email@example.com) or Tamara Sutteer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
University of Oklahoma Outreach
1700 Asp Avenue, Suite 202
Norman, OK 73072
Office: (405) 325-3136
Fax: (405) 325-7329
The schedule of one-week sessions is as follows:
• May 1-5, 2016 in San Antonio, TX
• November 13-17, 2016 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
• April 30 - May 4, 2017 in San Antonio, TX
• November 5- 9, 2017 in Fort Lauderdale, FL
• Marketing: January 11 - March 6, 2016
• Business Retention & Expansion: March 14 - May 8, 2016
• Strategic Planning: May 16- July 10, 2016
• Entrepreneurship: July 18 - September 11, 2016
• Marketing: September 19 - November 13, 2016
• Business Retention & Expansion: November 21, 2016 - January 15, 2017